Are you a Mac OS user? If so, you might have heard about Soundflower for MAC OS. Soundflower is a free and open-source application that operates on MAC Intel, PPC computers and a lot more. Soundflower is a system extension that enables the apps to pass audio to different apps. In short, we use Soundflower for the purpose of inter-app audio routing on Mac OS X platform.
Using Soundflower, it is pretty much simple to record audio on Mac. Soundflower is a perfect alternative to Loopback. There is a drawback to the free version of Loopback is that it lets you record the audio just for 20 minutes. Through the Soundflower app, one can access the soundcard and communicate with another app.
For all those who are looking forward to accessing the audio on other apps, Soundflower is a perfect application. For instance, if you want to send audio from iTunes to MSP or Max, you can use the Soundflower app with much ease. You can find a detailed tutorial on Soundflower for Mac OS. Here is everything you need to know about Soundflower for Mac.
Soundflower for MAC Sierra Free Download
Soundflower is an excellent system extension for Mac OS which is exclusively designed for passing audio to other apps via a process namely inter-app audio routing. The users can operate Soundflower as an audio device. This eventually enables any of the audio apps to send and receive audio without any external vital compatibility.
For example, whenever you require an app to communicate with some other app through the soundcard then, you can directly pick Soundflower as the output device on the initial app. By using the same Soundflower as the input device on the 2nd app, you can easily send and receive the audio.
Soundflower is a powerful and free audio routing system that renders excellent features to all its users on Mac device. It provides an ability for various apps to access the soundcard in a simultaneous manner. There are a plethora of features offered by Soundflower to all the Mac OS users.
Download Soundflower for Mac
|App Information||Technical Details
|Name of the App||Soundflower
|Category||Multimedia Design / Audio
|Supported Platforms||Mac OS X
|Size of the File||58.34 KB
|Last Updated||July 21, 2017
How to Download & Capture Audio using Soundflower?
In general, the Mac OS has the ability to produce the sound and play the sound grooved from external sources. Some of the external sources include the devices that are plugged into the USB slot of Mac device, few input ports and the audio that we stream from the internet.
Have you ever thought of capturing the audio sounds? It is possible to capture such sounds so that you can listen to them sometime later in your leisure time. This becomes plausible with Soundflower for free of cost. Here is a detailed working procedure on how to capture the sound or audio using Soundflower on Mac.
1. Download & Install Soundflower
- First of all, the users need to download Soundflower on their Mac device by following the simple steps given in this post.
- After finishing the downloading process, navigate to the downloads folder on your device.
- Click on the downloaded file and hit the install button.
- The Soundflower app will start installing on your Mac device.
- Once you are done with the installation process, you can launch the app from Mac for free that could take few minutes.
2. Configure Soundflower
- Once you have successfully installed Soundflower on your Mac OS, you can launch the app and navigate to Sound System Preference.
- You can then view the proof of Soundflower in the Output as well as the Input tabs.
- Just hit the Output tab and select Soundflower [2ch].
- Once you do this, any of the sounds that usually emerge from the speakers of your Mac device will be routed via Soundflower.
- Here, recording the sound refers to capturing each and every sound including the email and Twitter alerts.
3. Build up your Capture Application
- The immediate step is to configure your capture application.
- On Mac, you can find a couple of apps that have the ability to record audio or sound using Soundflower.
- Those two apps are QuickTime Player and GarageBand.
- In order to configure the QuickTime Player, you need to select File >> New Audio Recording.
4. Record Audio using Soundflower
- On the next window of Audio Recording, you need to tap the downward-pointing triangular icon that appears next to the Record button.
- Under the drop-down menu, you need to select the option ‘Soundflower (2ch).
- Once you are ready with everything like the sound that you want to capture or record, just hit the Record button.
5. Set up Garageband
- Now, you need to set up GarageBand on your Mac device. For that, you need to launch the application.
- On the next window of New Project, just select an Acoustic instrument.
- By doing so, you will be creating a new GarageBand project comprising a single digital audio track.
- Under the New Project Template window, you need to select the default tempo and time as well as the key signature settings.
- Hit the button that says ‘Create’.
- You need to launch the preferences on GarageBand and hit the Audio/MIDI tab.
- From the menus of Audio Output and Audio Input, you need to select Soundflower (2ch) like before.
6. Choose Preferences
- You can then close all the preferences windows on Mac device.
- There is a possibility of tracking the information by navigating to Choose Track >> Show Track Info.
- Select Stereo 1/2 Soundflower (2ch) from the pop-up menu of the Input source.
- Once the Mac devices make some sound then, you must be able to register it in the meters.
- For capturing the audio, just tap ‘Record’ button.
7. Track the Sound on Mac
- After selecting Soundflower as your audio output on Mac, you may no more hear it via the attached speakers or headphones.
- If you are curious about what’s actually recording on Mac then, launch the Soundflowerbed application.
- You can find it in Applications/Soundflower.
- Tap the Soundflowerbed menu bar item that displays on the screen.
- Select your speakers or headphones from the list of options.
- You will be able to capture the audio and listen the source audio that’s been recording via Soundflower.
Note: You can do this before making the QuickTime or GarageBand settings for capturing the audio.
Remember one thing that any sound that your Mac makes will be recorded for sure through Soundflower.
So, we suggest you disable all the irrelevant notification or alert sounds on your device before this procedure.
In addition, if you make changes to the volume on Mac, even that change will be captured by the Soundflower app.
Keep all this in mind and make such settings before commencing the audio capture.
This is all you need to know about Soundflower for Mac. Hope this guide helped you in the best way to understand the process of capturing sound or audio using the Soundflower app on your Mac OS X device.