Have you ever confront issues to book a railway ticket? With IRCTC, the method of booking railway tickets has become quite simple for most of the people across the nation. There is a possibility to reserve seats in their selected trains anytime via IRCTC. For booking a railway ticket, the users need to have a valid account on IRCTC. A new account creation on IRCTC is pretty easy so that the people can generate their login credentials within a less span of time.
In the modern profoundly exceptional technological epoch, no one is ready to purchase the train ticket by going to the railway station. With the progression of the internet and online services, the railway department has launched a service that enables the people to book their tickets online. The headway in the technology has moved everything towards moderation. It means, people can easily finish their work like booking railway tickets right from their residence.
This is the case of people who are completely aware of IRCTC, it’s benefits and other services offered to the citizens of India. How about the people who have nil knowledge about IRCTC? For such folks, here is an in-depth tutorial. This article provides a comprehensive guide on how to create a new account on IRCTC registration. One can easily understand the entire registration and sign up process furnished here. Have a look!
IRCTC Registration Process, Sign up for Online Booking
For people who are not cognizant of IRCTC, just read out the comprehensive information about this service available in this post. The full form of IRCTC is Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited. In brief, most of the people mention it as IRCTC. It is a subsidiary of the widespread Indian Railways. As we all know that Indian Railways is the largest and one of the preeminent train networks all over the globe.
Using an IRCTC account, one can quickly book their railway tickets online and cancel them without any trouble. There is a likelihood of maintaining a track of individual registrations. IRCTC allows the users to book online railway tickets, tourism and Tatkal booking. In the recent times, the Indian Government has started promoting IRCTC for making everything online. By using this online service, the individuals can get the best services.
The risk of going to the railway station and standing in the queue for buying tickets can be evaded through IRCTC online ticket booking. The users can easily register themselves at IRCTC via online or through mobile apps. These days, several railway stations at different places are provided the best Wi-Fi services to the people for free at a high speed. On the official website of IRCTC, you can find the Wi-Fi Railway stations that are offering free wi-fi.
IRCTC – Best Services
Some of the best services offered by IRCTC to all the citizens of India are listed below:
1. Online Ticketing
Online Ticketing has completely altered the mode of booking railway tickets in India. One could easily book their tickets via the website from their mobile device through their Wi-Fi, GPRS or SMS. Apart from e-ticketing, IRCTC provides I-tickets that can be delivered via post. With the roll-out of Rolling Deposit Scheme [RDS], it is letting the passengers reserve their seats against the advance money held at the corporation.
IRCTC handles the budget as well as the deluxe package tours for the tourists in local and foreign locations. The popular tourism package introduced by IRCTC is referred to as Bharat Darshan. It enables the tourists to visit different places across the country within their affordable budget. The Luxury tourism package avails the tourists to book special luxurious trains to other places.
3. Tatkal Scheme
We all are aware of the popular Tatkal scheme launched by the Government. By this scheme, the passengers can book their tickets in Express or mail trains via the Indian Railways internet portal. Tatkal E-ticket is available for the passengers to select their preferred trains just one day prior the journey date from the starting station.
These are the popular services rendered by IRCTC to all the people across India. Apart from the aforementioned services, IRCTC also delivers the best online services to its users in a plethora of ways.
Step-by-Step Guide to Create a New Account on IRCTC Website
Here is a step by step method that helps the people to create a new account on the IRCTC website.
- First of all, navigate to the official website of IRCTC.
- The official web portal started by this organization is www.irctc.co.in.
- The readers can simply copy and paste the website’s link on the device’s address bar.
- Soon after landing on the home page of that website, you can find the Signup link towards the left-hand side of the page.
- By tapping that link, you will land on a new individual registration page.
- On that page, you can find empty fields that must be filled with vital details of the user.
- The details that must be furnished comprises of the following:
- User ID
- Date of Birth
- Email ID
- Mobile Number
- You can enter the PAN Card and Aadhaar card numbers whilst the registration on IRCTC. However, it’s is the just optional field.
- In the next tab, type the details of your residence and enter the Captcha code as displayed on the same page.
- At the end of the page, you need to tap the link that reads ‘Submit Registration Form’.
- Hit OK Button and go ahead with the further registration process.
- In the pop-up window, you need to tick the checkbox saying that you are accepting all the terms and conditions of IRCTC.
- In a few seconds, another page appears that confirms your registration with the message ‘Thank you, you have been successfully registered.’
With this, you have completed one phase of the registration process on IRCTC website. Now, the second phase is to activate your IRCTC account. You can find the process to activate your newly registered account on IRCTC from the below steps.
IRCTC Account Activation – Here’s How
The 2nd phase in the IRCTC registration process is to activate your account on this website. Once you have successfully submitted the registration form, you can proceed with the IRCTC activation process. Follow the below steps to activate your IRCTC account.
- In order to activate your new IRCTC account, you must use your mobile number and email id.
- Navigate to the IRCTC Login page and provide your login credentials such as your user id and password.
- For the activation of your IRCTC account, type your mobile number and email id in the provided fields.
- Your registered mobile number and email id will get an OTP [One-Time Password].
- Enter that OTP in the provided fields for the account activation.
- After verifying your mobile number and email id, you are done with the IRCTC account registration fruitfully.
- That’s it! This is the easy guide that aids you creating and activating your account from the IRCTC website via online.
How to Make IRCTC Registration through Mobile App on Android?
Till now, you have seen the procedure to register on IRCTC through the online website. What if you don’t have a PC at your home. There are two ways to generate an account on IRCTC. One is through online which I have explained in the above step. The second method is to register an account on IRCTC via the mobile app on Android device. Now, let’s take a look at the alternative method to make your IRCTC registration via the Android mobile app. Here is an easy method that assists the users to create a new account on IRCTC through the mobile app from an Android phone.
- At first, download IRCTC Connect app from the Play Store on your Android device.
- You can find this app on Play Store and hit the Install button.
- Once you are done with the installation process, you can launch the mobile app on Android phone.
- Once you get a prompt from this app to register or log in, you can proceed with that.
- You need to hit the sign up button in order to commence the creation of a new account on IRCTC.
- Just tap the Register button.
- On the subsequent page, you need to type in the essential details in the provided fields.
- The details include username, password, name, date of birth, gender and more.
- Fill all the details with precise information including your residential address.
- As part of the final registration, you need to verify your mobile number and email id.
- Enter the OTP that you have received on your mobile number and email address.
That’s all! You have favorably registered a new account on IRCTC through the mobile app on your Android phone or tablet.
This is the simple and detailed method to create a new account on IRCTC website through the website and mobile app. Hope this guide has driven you on the right path to register as a new user on IRCTC account. From now, you can easily book your railway tickets, cancel them anytime via IRCTC website.