Windows is one of the most popular and widely used OS platforms among millions of users all over the world. Microsoft, the software giant has launched the Windows Operating System for all the users. The users can install this Windows OS on different devices like PC or Computer, laptop, and many other electronic gadgets.
As of now, Microsoft has rolled out different versions of Windows OS like Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and finally Windows 10. The company has rolled out all these versions by integrating some new features and made some improvements compared to previous versions. Despite launching several versions, people find some errors and problems while working on their previous or current latest versions of Windows OS.
Most commonly, people come across the error that says ‘Windows Update Not Working’. In order to enable the features of the new version, the users can easily update their device to latest Windows version. In this post, we have come up with a complete guide to the process of fixing Windows Update when it gets stuck or frozen. Take a look!
Windows OS Update Not Working Error on PC
As optional choice PC users prefer the updated windows version for advanced features and additional tools than previous. Once the windows get updated with fixed edition, then the start menu will display the pattern of such installed version. But in few cases, it may fail to install the update properly. So, once the updating process has been completed then go on re-check whether the installation has reached successfully or not. If not successful then go for re-installation and follow the steps same as before while installing windows updates.
While the updating session has started, there should be a proper connection of internet with faster-accessing speed. All these things are quite essential in order to get a successful outcome. After finishing the updating process, go to download process and then make a run over windows update troubleshooter and it is considered as a mandatory method. These are essential steps to be taken while going for windows updates. Most of the cases, users need updates for faster accessing of computer functioning.
Sometimes, to avoid the delay while loading the pages. The best ever and perfect solution for great accessibility is troubleshot your device and install updates in Windows. Whatever it may be, it should work just like Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, XP, and Vista. The process of installation is quite identical and the updating part requires official permission from the authority of Windows software with the formal acceptance of terms and conditions.
Features of Windows Update
Each software and updated versions also have a compatibility of accomplishment over the selected option and tools in manufactured portion. Here we are giving the list of features which are assigned for windows update by Microsoft. By going through those features make the conclusion that whether the usage of windows software update is required for a PC or not.
Whatever may be the computer devices and the whatever may be the purpose of usage but the updated session is mandatory for every instant period as an essential step which can lead to the consideration of minimizing the errors while using the computers.
- Accomplishment with multi-core processor with improved performance level.
- Boot performance will be high.
- Direct accessing with kernel increments.
- Supports heterogeneous graphics cards and vendors statement.
- Media Centre option in windows with Gadget features.
- Present windows power shell with XPS.
- Calculator designed with multi-level
- Control panel and Text tuner presence with advanced steps.
- Wizard calibration to recover the system problems.
- Troubleshoot and working space center box appearance.
- Various sensors and Biometric centre display.
- In the advanced version, Windows Action
- Center replaced the name with Windows Security Center.
- Image format through component enabling status.
How to Get Windows Updates?
By signing into start menu from Windows desktop, the user can follow the below steps carefully without missing a single point.
- First of all, you need to type msc in the search column.
- Next, give input as entering and wait for a while.
- Windows services session with separated assigned box will appear on the screen.
- On the Windows services dialog box, you need to scroll down and check out for observation.
- Once you find out the Windows Update service on the page, just right click on it.
- After the completion of the updating process, the users need to go to troubleshoot by making the selection of features with choosable options.
- There is no existence of additional software installation by completing one Windows updating and it has been implemented from a long-term of session ago.
- If there are a huge number of users for Windows software, for a long time, then the speedy recovery and storage, loading capacity is going to decrease in a huge way.
- The updated process will offer an easy and speedy working capacity from the background.
- It will never ask to update repeatedly for every second irritating the users.
- Usually, the Microsoft company will provide a list of updated versions of Windows by integrating new features and options compared to preceding versions.
Windows Update Trouble Shooter
After finishing the process of windows updates, there may be the choice of occurring problems over the computer operation. So please go on confirmation that the connection with high-speed internet was given to the computer or not. Once the connection is perfect then go for downloading process and run the updates with troubleshooter to having the featured accessibility of windows updated version.
By finishing the troubleshoot, go with installed updates and present appeared features. There is a necessary option of few properties for windows updates such as Article ID, Revision, Last review, Applies the operation for which software and feedback status. These are mandatory option to be known as a candidate while going for windows updates.
How to Reset Windows updates?
The users can get the Windows updates with additional features through various online services. If you have an older version of Windows on your device, you will then get a notification and some other alert messages so as to update the device with the latest version of Windows. Sometimes, the Microsoft company will allegedly send several updates about Windows and this will eventually make the users irritate.
If you complete the installation process then, you will no more receive such alert or warning messages from the company. Going through online connection is mandatory for the user, for updating the pattern regarding the software installation which is a mandatory thing for proper running the procedure with easy and fast accessibility.
Windows Update Not Working – Here’s the Fix!
For any device, security and integrity are the two essential things at the time of updating Windows device. There are several fixes that help the users to fix the Windows updating errors on various versions of Windows operating systems.
After completing the software session, the operation is going to turn off the version of windows updates and bugs for next addition. The streamlined method is mandatory and first foremost step in windows updates which were released by Microsoft. Updated versions are always problem free and speed coverage of data over the requested page or requested tab.
How to Re-install Windows Update?
On Windows device, installing updates is quite essential and it is a simple process for the users. The background processing might look complicated but the on-screen process appears pretty simple. There are some wrong assumptions for most of the people about Windows updates.
It is not just enough to delete a folder so as to remove the complete installed update. You can follow the below steps so as to remove the installed updates and then re-install the Windows update. Just follow the simple steps provided below in this post so as to re-install Windows update on your device:
- Before heading towards re-installation process, the users need to make sure that there is sufficient disk space on their device or some external device like a hard drive.
- You can then start reading the temporary files using the file virus security cleaner.
- Firstly, go to Control Panel. Click on ‘Windows update’ option.
- Hit the option that says ‘View Update History’ that appears on the left-hand side of the menu.
- A list of updates already installed on your Windows device along with the status, significance and the installation date displays on the screen.
- If you delete the SoftwareDistribution folder, the dialog box will become empty. You need to hit the link of ‘Installed Updates’ at the top of the list and you can then remove the update.
- You can then see the View Update History as completely empty.
- After tapping on ‘Installed Updates’, you can see that the updates are listed on your device.
- After uninstalling all the updates, you can once again get back to Control Panel and check out for other updates.
- Windows will start checking for updates for a long time.
- This indicates that the update has once again started to install on your Windows operating system. Apart from this, you need to delete the software distribution folder on your device.
- You can then check for Windows updates on your device.
Windows Update Fix it
In general, all the Windows updates must and should run in the background. But, sometimes, the device declines to do it in the background if it is unable to install updates in an individual manner. We can come across these errors like windows not updating on Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 devices. But, most commonly, we can see this error only on Windows 7 OS. During the installation of updates, it might be stuck up suddenly due to the error.
Follow the simple steps that help the users to run Windows Update Troubleshooter so as to fix the Windows update:
- First of all, you need to run the built-in Troubleshooter present on Control Panel so as to fix this stuck update.
- Once you start using the troubleshooter, it will allegedly shut down the Windows Update Services.
- Rename the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder as C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution.old.
- This will clear off all the Windows Update download cache on your Windows device. It eventually starts the Windows Update services.
Windows 7 Not Updating
Windows 7 is undoubtedly a reliable and the best platform that offers several upgrades to the latest versions of Windows. By going with erasing the cache files will be made the repair over the updating session of windows. The second step need to be taken over the updated version of same followed problems have been made easier under the distribution of command prompt file in the computer.
The community offers given by the forum solution with the problem facing structure given with updated pattern over not working condition with the shut down formatted structures. If you are unable to update the Windows 7 device, just follow the below steps:
- Close the Windows Update window completely on your device.
- You can then hinder the Windows Update Service by doing the following actions:
- Go to Start >> All Programs >> Accessories >> Right click on Command Prompt >> Hit the option of ‘Run as Administrator’.
- Enter the command that says ‘net stop wuauserv’.
- Run Microsoft Fixit tool on your Windows device so as to fix the issues with Windows update.
- Restart your PC and run the Windows update once again.
- Note that this process takes much time for the completion of updating Windows 7 OS on your device.
Fix ‘Windows Update Not Working’
There is a possibility of updating the version present in the windows version such as Windows 8.1 and 10. Moreover, the complete operating system will be same but there is a change of few tools and options in the dialog boxes. Switching conditions may be varied from the comparison of other windows version. We are making a wish of choosing the best from all as their desire and accommodation will get repeated and will be shown at first page of windows only.
Windows is an operating system software used in every computer device which will tend to increase the nature and development of Microsoft. Windows 7, Windows 8 is part of the manufactured software from Microsoft windows organization which has been standing from 2009 offering tremendous and excellent services. The server machine has been made by the bunch team of Microsoft board.
How to Fix it?
It will officially release the updated version from the authority with more than the preferable choices made by the developers with different intellectuality.Every device, tool, space, the thing has a lifetime with limited period and the period was varied for various devices. In such a way Windows software is having the updated session worth one-year validity and it will make sure the dead end days for re-installation of the updated version.
By installing the updated version it will make the automatic scan of devices with soft and security ranges to prevent the sped recovery. By updating the software, users can also get the space over the device with more space for storing data purpose. After finishing the downloading updated process, users are supposed to go for reboot and troubleshoot for better consideration of tasks over the entire portion of the time.
Windows Update Not Downloading
There is the difference in steps for all versions of Windows software and it has been varied with few steps but nearly the procedure will be as usual for all versions. The updated versions will always pop up for every session of start-up portion to make the customer gets alerted regarding the updated condition. Due to the user working capacity and way of using, computer devices may get slow.
This will decrease the level of performance while going through any task or subject belongs to personal or professional. Whether the purpose of working is varied but the only referral identity and time required for forecast management will be similar to equal time consumption. Making a wish for the easy task for any work is better than lengthy process.
Be the one to choose best and top required portion from settings in a personal computer, then analyze the standard of the performance level of the device than with the comparison of previous versions. The only major difference will occur every time is advanced tools and features which will be used to consume the time duration over working status and taskbar maintenance.
Fix Windows software Update not working
- Select Download and Install error repair tool with free cost.
- Go to start and click on start scan button.
- Then click on repair all option to fix PC errors.
How to Fix Windows Update in Windows 7?
Here are the simple steps that help the users to fix Windows error Update in Windows 7 operating system:
- Go to control panel and navigate to system and security settings.
- You need to choose windows to update the settings options.
- Hit the advanced button that appears at the bottom of the page.
- Check out for updates from the left.
- Just tap on the provided link and choose the option to begin the installation.
- Click on update and complete the session properly.
- Just click on the restart option so as to reset the changes.
- Now restart the computer and go to history updates.
- After closing the session, you can then continue using the updated version.
How to Fix Windows Update in Windows 8?
Check out the easy steps that assist the users to fix Windows Update in Windows 8 operating system:
- Go to windows logo display and you need to sign in into the taskbar.
- Navigate to the command prompt in the admin
- Choose control box in user accounts appeared on windows display.
- You need to search using cmd in the box and then fix the Windows update on Windows 8 device.
How to Fix Windows Update in Windows 8.1?
Follow the simple steps provided below that assists the users to fix Windows Update in Windows 8.1 operating system:
- Initially, you need to ensure that the computer has required updating or not.
- Then if required, go to latest updates and hit on windows update.
- Run windows update and click on check out updates.
- Included updates will regrade the system and the session is going to start with built-in features.
- You can then check out the error message for a while and check out the message is received.
- Otherwise, restart the computer and go with the new updated format.
How to Fix Windows Update in Windows 10?
Check out the easy steps that aid the users to fix Windows Update in Windows 10 operating system:
- GO to Settings and choose update and security on your device.
- Select Windows Update tab present in the top of the list.
- Make some changes so as to activate the Windows software.
- This step is for active hours such as start menu brings the user to restart the device by making the installation of updates.
- Restart session will start automatically.
- Then go to preferred times and click on save button.
- Select Restart option in windows and go to windows update settings with custom time.
- Go to settings and choose your preferred time and date format.
- Update all the date and time on your device.
- Make the application over-erasing the inputs from the times of fitting.
- You need to run the update by troubleshooting it.
The only better option to extend the life of computer will be activating the updated session before reaches the last period and ending days of validity. So no need to worry start the solution path for improvement of computer device with status and operating condition. Whether the device is fixed with latest version or old version, the necessity of updating is a required foremost step in computer operation.
Mostly 90% of devices get activated shortly with success record by including misconfiguration in the system files. But in few cases, it may get failed to receive the end with the full fledging condition. To fix the solution for update stuck up problem windows need to go with three simple steps as the made list above.
The Bottom Line
The major problem occurs while updating the system due to the insufficient speed of internet over fast accessing. So the best suggestion for the users is given by us is to check out the connection properly while going to start the updates. If you are going through well check out of the device’s connection and speed access to the device then there is no other option specified over a period of time.
The session will continuously run till the updates. The complete session has given by giving the updating portal to restart the computer which will lead to store the settings in a preferred manner which are recently selected by the theme for fast loading capability. Hope this tutorial has given you a detailed guide on how to fix Windows update when stuck or frozen.