Any computer or Laptop comes with a default browser for accessing the internet. There are some commonly used web browsers available for the people on the web. Apart from the Google Chrome and Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox is the most popular web browser. Have you ever heard of Firefox Portable?
Firefox Portable is an app that you don’t actually need installation on your hard drive. It means that you can run the Firefox Portable application directly from the USB Drive. In order to launch the program, you can just run the necessary executable file. The Firefox Portable app doesn’t bring drastic changes to your computer or the settings. Also Download: Buddybuild App
In this post, you can understand completely about Firefox Portable app. You can even download and install it on your device as an alternative to the original Mozilla Firefox browser. For that, you need to download PortableApps Launcher on your device. Have a glance!
What is Firefox Portable
Firefox Portable is the portable edition of Mozilla Firefox. This particular application lets Firefox operate directly from the USB flash drive or pen drive. The users can run Firefox from any of the portal devices or CD-ROM on your Windows PC. There is no harm with the Firefox application to your computer or laptop.
It doesn’t interfere with the already installed version of Firefox on your computer. The Firefox Portable app is compatible with various versions of Windows OS i.e., on Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7/8/8.1/10 and other UNIX-based systems. In general, most of the portable apps are installed only on the USB drive that can be eventually used on any of the supported devices.
Suggested Post: MX Player for PC Download
This app can be used through the PortableApps platform that works as a launcher for about 300 free apps. Ensure that you have installed PortableApps on your USB drive prior to installing and running Firefox Portable app on your device. The browser settings will be installed on the USB drive and don’t show any kind of influence on your PC or the browser.
Download Firefox Portable
|App Information||Technical Detaills
|Name of the App||Firefox Portable
|Last Updated||5th January 2018
|Supported Platforms||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10
|License ||Open Source
Features of Firefox Portable
Here are some of the excellent features provided by Firefox Portable application for all the users of Windows and other platforms:
1. Default Profile
- In order to enhance the portability, the users can use an existing default profile which is present in the Firefox directory with settings.
- The Launcher carries out a slew of functions that include adjusting the paths to external programs, local homepages and more.
- It provides the ability to backup or restores specific registry keys in particular instances.
- You can eventually clean the folders and directories using the Launcher.
- It is possible to adjust the extension setting paths that eventually turns the non-portable extensions in a more portable manner.
- The Firefox Portable asks the users to save the downloads in a specific location.
4. Prompt Update
- If you are seeking to update the Firefox browser on a flash drive then, it could be a sluggish process.
- Firefox Portable enables the users to update the browser on an automatic basis.
5. No Browser Check
- The Firefox Portable doesn’t actually check whether it is the default browser on startup.
6. No Disk Cache
- The browser disk cache has been disabled on Firefox Portable so as to diminish the size of the disk.
- This will eventually lessen the number of writes to the disk.
- It will enhance the disk life of the device through Firefox Portable.
How to Download Firefox Portable for Windows PC
Follow the simple steps provided below to download and install Firefox Portable app on your Windows platform:
- If you are seeking to install Firefox Portable on your Windows device, you need to download it.
- You can find the direct download link on the official portal.
- In a few seconds, the app will be downloaded and you need to extract it to the root directory of the USB drive.
- The app will create a Firefox directory and other necessary directories.
- In order to use the Firefox app on your drive, you need to launch the app with the executable in the Firefox directory.
- You can then run the Firefox Portable app right from the USB drive.
- Firefox Portable for Mac is also available for the users on the web.
Areas to be Improved
There are numerous advantages of using the Firefox Portable app on your Windows device. Likewise, there are few cons or the areas that need improvement in this app.
- The extensions and the add-ons will take much time to install on your device.
- The read-writes to an external USB flash drive that takes place on a frequent basis might diminish the lifetime of the drive.
- Multiple profiles are not compatible with the official Firefox Portable.
That’s it! This is all you need to know about the Firefox Portable app for your Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 platform. You can download and install the portable edition of Firefox web browser on your device. Hope this tutorial has helped you to access the latest version of Firefox browser from your Windows PC for free. For more queries, just drop the same in the comments section below.