On the web, we have innumerable browsers for the mobile device. Mostly, people use the mobile operating system and they look for the best web browser for their mobile devices. Each and every user has their notion of choosing the best web browser for their respective platform.
But, everyone wishes to have fastest browsing speed in common. Some of the users make use of mobile data and some others browse via the Wi-Fi. No matter the kind of network used people wish to have fastest browsing speed and at the same time, it must consume less mobile data. Mac is one of the most popular operating systems used by lakhs of people across the globe.
Most of the people make use of the mobile devices rather than the desktop devices in order to browse the data when traveling. On the other hand, there is an equal number of folks who use Mac as well. Firefox is the most prevalent web browsers for Mac. Here is all you need to know about Firefox for Mac, features and a lot more about this browser.
Mozilla Firefox for Mac Download
Mozilla Firefox is the best web browser for the Mac OS platform. This browser offers an incredible bunch of features in order to enhance the browsing experience of the user. Some of the best features of this web browser include privacy, easy to use user interface, and compatible with Chromecast, fastest sharing and much more.
Some users wish to secure all their passwords and usernames of different apps on their device. In order to do so, they need to have the best browser. Undoubtedly, Mozilla is an excellent browser often recommended for the people who are working on Mac OS platform.
For those people who are looking for a fastest and private browsing facility, the Firefox web browser for Mac is the perfect platform. In the recent times, the developers have integrated a quantum of advanced features on Firefox to render fast browsing experience to all its users.
History of Firefox for MacOS
Originally, the developers at Mozilla Foundation have designed and developed the Firefox browser for different platforms. Initially, the developers have launched Firefox for Windows and later rolled it out for macOS. In the year 2006, Firefox for Mac has been released into the market.
Initially, this operating system was referred to as macOS and later they have renamed it as Mac OS X. The initial version of Firefox for Mac was 220.127.116.11. For the 64-bit architecture, this browser has been released with version 4.0 sometime later.
Notable Features of Firefox
Firefox offers a plethora of beneficial features to all the users of MAC operating system. We have listed out some of the best features of Firefox for Mac here:
1. Fastest Browser
- Mozilla Firefox is simply termed as Firefox by most of the people.
- This is the fastest web browser compared to Safari browser.
- This browser remains fast and quick even when the remaining browsers available on the web endure sluggishly.
2. Private Browsing
- With Firefox browser, one can carry out the browsing privately through the private browsing mode available on it.
- The personal information that you have explored on Firefox remains protective without exposing it to others.
- None of your browsing history and cookies will be remembered by Firefox.
- There is a feasibility to delete the browsing history, passwords with just a single click.
- You can select the private data that you wish to remove.
3. Impressive Visual Tab
- Another great feature of Firefox for Mac is that you can find intuitive visual tabs on this browser.
- The numbered tabs present on this browser allows the users to locate the required content for further reference.
- You can access a plethora of tabs based on your need without damaging the track of different web pages.
4. Synchronize Firefox across different devices
- Using a single Firefox account, the users can easily access the bookmarks, history, open tabs of the desktop on their smartphone and tablet.
- This browser has an ability to memorize all your passwords via different devices.
5. Fast Access to Popular Sites
- The users can spend their time in reading the content from their preferred sites rather than exploring it for a long time.
How to Download Firefox on MAC?
The people who are not aware of the downloading process of Firefox on Mac can learn the detailed process provided below. Follow the simple steps that help the users to download and install Firefox on Mac operating system:
Before heading towards the downloading and installation process, the users need to ensure that their device meets all the essential system requirements. The current latest version of Mozilla Firefox for Mac is Firefox 58. We have listed out some of the requirements to download and install Firefox for MAC:
Mac Operating System Versions
- Macintosh Device with an Intel x86 processor
- 512 MB of RAM
- 200 MB Hard Drive storage space
Steps to Install Firefox on Mac OS
Follow the simple steps provided below that assists the users to install the Firefox browser on Mac OS:
- First of all, go to the Firefox download page from any of your browsers.
- For instance, you can access it from Apple Safari browser.
- In an automatic manner, the browser detects the platform and language on your PC. It eventually recommends the perfect compatible version of Firefox for your device.
- You can then hit the Download button present in green color on the Firefox official web page.
- In a few moments, Firefox will be downloaded successfully on your Mac device.
- After finishing the downloading process, the downloaded file [firefox.dmg] will open on your device.
- It opens a Finder window comprising the Firefox application.
- Just drag the Firefox icon that appears on the top of the Applications folder and copy the same.
- Otherwise, you can simply hit the downloaded file to access it.
- Once you drag the Firefox file to the Applications folder, you need to tap and hold the Control Key alongside the window.
- You need to hit the option ‘Eject Firefox’ present under the drop-down menu.
- To access the Firefox browser with much ease, you can add Firefox to your dock.
- You have successfully installed Firefox Browser on your Mac device.
Get Started with Firefox on Mac
- Once you have installed the Firefox browser on your Mac device, you get a warning message that reads as follows:
- ‘Firefox’ is an application downloaded from the internet. Are you sure you want to open it?
- As the Firefox browser isn’t your default browser, it asks about the same.
- You can either tap ‘Use Firefox as my default browser’ or ‘Not now’ option from the pop-up window.
- That’s all! This is the easy process to download and install Firefox on your Mac device.
Firefox Alternatives for Mac
On every browser, features and performance of each one is quite an essential factor that everyone must consider prior downloading any web browser on their Mac platform. If you’re facing any difficulty in choosing the right web browser, we are here to aid you in the best way. In this post, we have come up with the best web browser for your Mac platform. Here is a list of best alternatives to Firefox for Mac OS that lets you complete your browsing with utmost speed. Have a glance!
1. Chrome Web Browser
- Chrome is one of the most accessible web browsers developed by Google.
- It is the widespread search engine platform used by millions of people across the web.
- This is the best web browser that lets the users search for their required resources through this browser.
- The users can drive through different web pages with much comfort.
- This browser presents innumerable new tabs to work simultaneously.
- Torch is another best alternative to Mac OS that supports various extensions on the Chrome web store.
- This browser is compatible with torrent downloading.
- The Torch browser offers a wide range of themes present on it for all the users.
3. Apple Safari
- Apple Safari is another best alternative to Firefox on your Mac device which is a pre-installed web browser.
- On each and every device, you can find Safari as a pre-installed browser.
- Safari browser is 1.7 times faster than Chrome and various browsers.
- It renders the best performance so as to present exceptional browsing experience for all the users.
- This browser does not waste extensive battery like other Chrome and Firefox browsers.
- Vivaldi is pretty comparable to Google Chrome browser that enables the users to obtain best browsing experience.
- The users can efficiently organize notes about the website.
- Opera is another best Firefox alternative on Mac OS available for all the users over various platforms.
- Through this browser, the users can acquire smooth browsing experience on this browser.
- The users can efficiently manage multiple emails of a client via the Opera Email feature.
- On this browser, there is a feasibility of setting the time in order to reload the web page.
This is all you need to know about Firefox for Mac device. Hope this information regarding the Firefox browser assisted you to carry out private and secure browsing in the best way. You can even find out the best Firefox alternative browsers for your Mac OS device.