Skype Technologies has rolled out the Skype application to different platforms like Windows, Android, iOS, MacOS, Linux, Windows Phone, etc. Soon after launching the Skype app in 2003, it has made it easy for the people to communicate with their friends, family members.
One could use the Skype account for interacting with the best pals via voice or video calls. It is an undeniable fact that Skype has brought a drastic change in the communication mode of the people. After the launch of Skype into the market, several social media channels evolved in the world.
We can find excellent features on Skype making it simple and fast for people to connect with their loving ones. The one and only drawback on Skype there is no permanent deletion of Skype Account on your device. In order to help our readers, we have provided an in-depth guide on how to delete Skype Account permanently.
Delete Your Skype Account Online Permanently
The users of Skype feel regrettable only for one limitation on Skype. It is that there is no possibility of deleting the Skype account permanently. There are innumerable apps available on the web that lets the users delete their account without any hassle. But, when coming to the Skype account, you may not find an exclusive delete account option on this app.
If you are thinking of deleting your Skype account permanently then, you must get through a hectic process. You need to contact the Microsoft customer service and take part in a live chat with one of the service providers. Even after carrying out this lengthy process, it could take at least one to two weeks for the permanent deletion of Skype account.
Also Read: Download Towelroot APK for Android
How to Delete Skype Account Permanently?
Follow the simple steps provided below that aids the users to delete Skype account permanently:
Step 1: Delete Personal Information
- Before heading towards deleting Skype account permanently, you need to delete the personal information from your Skype account.
- By doing so, you will no longer pop up in the directories or online.
- Now, proceed with the procedure to delete your Skype account.
- First of all, log into your Skype account using your login credentials like Skype name and password.
- If you have any kind of live subscriptions on Skype, you can disable all of them.
- For that, you need to navigate to Billing and Payments >> Click on Auto Recharge option.
- You can then remove the payment method on Skype.
- Make sure that you have set the online status on your Skype account to offline.
- Then, go to Settings and Preferences >> Edit Profile.
- You need to edit the details present on the Personal Information tab.
- Delete the complete information present on the page. If the account doesn’t save with blank page, just fill all the fields with random information and click on Save button.
Trending News: Best Free Antivirus for Android Mobile
Step 2: Request Customer Service for Closing a Skype Account
- After completely deleting the personal information on your Skype account, you can place a request for the Skype Customer services.
- Regarding the deletion of Skype account permanently, you need to go to Skype account closure webpage.
- Select the option that says ‘Account & Sign-in’ and ‘Closing a Skype account’ on that page. Hit the Next button.
- Select a contact method i.e., Skype Community and select the platform on which you are using your Skype account.
- You can then pick an option to text chat or post your issue in the community.
- Begin your chat and ask the representative to permanently close your Skype account.
Recommended Read: Free Netflix Accounts
Result of Deleting/Closing Skype Account
You have understood the process of deleting a Skype account through the detailed guidance provided in this post. What happens after deleting your Skype Account? Are you aware of the consequences of closing the Skype account? If you are truly incognizant of the impact that it shows then, just refers this article. Once you delete your account from Skype, it removes the complete data that is related to it. It includes the following:
- Skype Contacts
- Purchases you made on Skype
- Chat History
According to the information from Microsoft, it could take at least 30 days of time for disappearing your name from the Skype directory after closing the account. Despite deleting your Skype account, your name will appear on the friends’ contact list. It disappears only when your friends have removed your name from their contacts list. People may not be able to contact you after deleting the Skype account.
Closing Skype Account – FAQs
You have read the detailed tutorial on how to delete Skype account permanently. Even then, people might have some doubts and queries about their account whether it is closed permanently or not. Here are some frequently asked questions about deleting a Skype account.
1. How to Remove your profile visibility after closing your Skype account?
Even after closing your Skype account, you need to wait for a period of 60 days for permanent deletion. In this particular waiting period, your account might appear closed but it exists anyway.
2. Can I reopen a deleted Skype account?
Within the period of 60 days from the day you have deleted your Skype account, you will be able to sign into the account. But, you can’t ever retrieve your deleted Skype account after 60 days.
3. Will my email account cancel after deleting Skype account?
No, deleting the Skype account doesn’t show any kind of impact on your email account.
4. Will message sent to the Skype account after deleting it?
No, as you have deleted the Skype account, no message will be sent or read. The sender will receive a message saying that your Skype account has been deleted.
In a total of 60 days, your Skype account will be deleted permanently. There is a possibility for you to open your deleted account within the 60 days period. After that, you may not be able to access your Skype account again. This is the complete tutorial for you to delete Skype account permanently.