Google, the giant search engine platform rolled out various apps and essential stuff for all the users across the world. There are various apps that allow the users to stream several movies, videos and much more content onto the mobile phones and Television. Google has launched an amazing app namely Chromecast app that streams various movies on Television. Chromecast is a wireless dongle that allows the users to stream various apps to your Television via an Android smartphone or tablet.
Some of the popular streaming apps include Netflix, YouTube, Spotify, Pandora, HBO Now and a lot more. The size of the Chromecast dongle is pretty small that connects to your TV. You can also take this Google Chromecast wireless dongle along with you whenever you travel to some places. The current latest version of this Chromecast device supports Wi-Fi networks with a speed of 5 GHz. There are people who aren’t completely aware of the setup procedure of Chromecast on Windows PC.
The process of setting up a Chromecast device is quite simple and straightforward. Through this post, one will be able to understand how to setup Chromecast on Windows, iPhone, and Android devices. In order to help our readers, we have come up with a detailed guide on how to setup Chromecast on Windows device. Just head over the below article to learn more about the Chromecast Setup on Windows & iOS devices.
Setup Chromecast on Windows
Chromecast is a small device that appears just like a finger-size device. It usually appears like a USB stick and you can connect it to your TV. Originally, Google has rolled out the Chromecast device in the year 2013. Using this Chromecast app, you can easily stream unlimited music, movies, TV shows, videos and much more stuff. You can also stream the content present on Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, YouTube and many other apps directly to your Television with much ease.
With the addition of Wi-Fi network support with a speed of 5GHz, all the videos on this device streams faster. Also, there is an excellent ‘Fast Play’ feature available on this device. The users can acquire amazing video quality experience on this device. With the evolution of Chromecast, it has become much simpler to view the high definition content right on your TV. The starting price of Google Chromecast is $35 which is quite affordable for all sections of people.
- Chromecast Device
- Google Home App [Latest Version]
- Display Device with compatible HDMI Port – Like HD TV
- Ease of accessing a power outlet
- Supported Smartphone or Tablet, Chromebook, Windows, or Mac
- Powerful Internet Connection
How to Setup Chromecast on Windows?
Follow the step-by-step guide provided below that helps the users to easily set up their Chromecast device on Windows, Android, Mac and other platforms without much effort. Check it out!
1. Plug in Chromecast into TV
- Initially, plug the Chromecast dongle into the HDMI port of your Television.
- You need to insert the USB cable into a compatible port on the device.
2. Install Google Home App
- Navigate to the Google Play Store or Apple iTunes app store to download the Google Home app.
- By using the Google Home app, you can easily setup Chromecast on Windows or other platforms.
- In case, you are trying to use Chromecast on a computer then, you don’t require the Google Home app. It’s because the desktop users can easily access Chromecast through Google Chrome.
3. Locate your Device
- Now, go to Google’s Chromecast website and select the device in Google Home app from the list of available devices.
- Once you find the device, you can then select Setup option.
4. Check the Code
- The code that appears on the Google Home app and the Television screen will be same.
- Just check the same code appearing on your TV.
- Once you have ensured that both the codes are one in the same then, you can tap the option ‘That’s My Code’.
5. Give a Name to your Device
- You can then select a name for your Chromecast device.
6. Provide Wi-Fi Credentials
- Just connect the Chromecast device to the internet and select the network.
- Enter the password of your internet connection through your mobile phone.
7. Sign into Google Account
- You can then sign in to your Google account.
- By signing into your Google account, you can start enjoying the best Chromecast experience.
- You can gain the ability to personalize your features with much ease.
- You can then hit the option that says ‘Allow Email notifications’ in order to get notified about the latest offers, tricks, tips and more.
Then, hit the option ‘Continue’.
If you have previously signed into your Google account, you can simply skip the signup process.
8. Finish Chromecast Setup
- Voila! You have successfully finished the setup process of Chromecast on your Windows device.
- From now on, you can start streaming your preferred movies or other media content at HD quality on your TV.
How to Setup Chromecast on iPhone/iPad?
Follow the below steps to set up your Chromecast device on your iPhone or iPad devices.
1. Plug in Chromecast into TV
- Plug your Chromecast device into your TV, connect the power cord and switch on your Television.
- Download Chromecast app on your iPhone or iPad. At the time of the installation, navigate to Settings >> Turn on your Wi-Fi.
- You can then connect to the Chromecast option.
2. Connect to Wi-Fi Network
- Access your Chromecast app that can be located and connected to your device automatically.
- You will be able to provide a name to your device and pick the Wi-Fi network that you have been using on your iOS device.
- Ensure that your iPhone or iPad and Chromecast device are running on the same network.
- That’s all! You have finally finished the setup process of Chromecast on iPhone or iPad devices.
3. Supported Apps
- Some of the apps that are compatible with iPhone or iPad are Netflix and YouTube.
- So, the users will be able to cast the content from the online streaming websites.
- Tap ‘Cast’ option on the Chromecast icon which is present at the top-right corner of the apps.
- You can then pick the Chromecast option.
- From then, you can start streaming your preferred content on the iOS device through Chromecast compatible apps.
This is all you need to know about the setup process of Chromecast on Windows, iPhone and iPad device. Hope this guide has given you a detailed explanation about how to setup Chromecast device on different platforms to stream online content directly to the TV at HD quality. If you have any other doubts and queries, just drop them in the comments section. We try to provide precise solutions as early as possible.