The games that we play on PS3 and PS4 are the most popular that deliver everlasting gaming experience for all the folks. We have millions of hardcore game players all over the world who love playing an immense collection of games. The latest version of PlayStation is PS4 and PS4 Pro. These are the widely prevalent consoles available in the market in the current era.
Besides the PlayStation, there are Xbox One X and Nintendo Switch that delivers the best experience in playing different games. Do you want to experience some throwback memories with the old PS2 and PS3 games? If so, we are here to help you in explaining a detailed guide on how to play PS3 games on PS4.
The PS3 users may not be able to insert the old games into the PS4 console. It is quite complex to re-download the PS3 games from the PlayStation Network so as to play them on the PS4. Well, the players can easily gain access to hundreds of PS3 games on the PS4 by following this simple guide. If you are interested in playing the PS3 games on your PS4 console then, check out the complete guide here.
PS3 Backward Compatibility
Through the backward compatibility, one can easily play the original PS games on the PS2 console. In the same way, the PS3 console having a backward compatibility can play their PS2 games on it. Everyone is quite curious to know whether it is possible to play PS3 games on the PS4. If PS4 renders the backward compatibility feature, it becomes possible to play PS3 games on PS4.
Sady, there is no backward compatibility feature on PS4. There is no feasibility to insert your favorite game disc from PS3 into PS4 console. There is a huge difference in the architectures of both PS3 and PS4 consoles. The backward compatibility is the ability to play the disks of older games in a new system.
Different video game consoles have the backward compatibility feature. With that feature, the players can easily play the games from the older version of the console. As PS4 doesn’t support this feature, we can make use of the Sony service. This post explains the games that you could play using PlayStation Now on your branded new PS4 console. PlayStation Now is a popular subscription service that helps the gamers to play tons of PS3 games on PS4.
Can I Play PS3 Games on PS4 with PlayStation Now?
PlayStation Now is the best gaming service that enables the users to play the previous PS3 games through title streaming. In order to use it, the users need to have a decent speed internet connection or Wi-Fi connectivity with high speed. The players can easily play their desired games present in the library of PlayStation Now. The library comprises of the titles of PS3 games that are stored in the cloud storage online.
It renders the game players an extra benefit of grabbing no time for further installation or updation. There is no need of hack to play PS3 games on PS4. All you need to do is simply download the PlayStation Now and head over the setup process. Ensure that your internet connection offers at least 5 Mbps of speed for making this setup procedure quite fast and simple.
Setting Up PlayStation Now – Here’s How
Follow the simple steps provided below to setup PlayStation Now to play different PS3 games on PS4.
1. Create an Account
- The users can set up an account on Sony Entertainment Network for free of cost.
- The players must and should have an account to access the PlayStation Now.
- Go to the PlayStation Store website by accessing the below link./
- Just tap ‘create account’ option in order to set up a free Sony Entertainment Network account.
2. Check your Broadband Internet Connection Speed
- You need to make sure that your internet service provider offers a high-speed connection with at least 5 Mbps.
- If you don’t use it then, ask your ISP to upgrade it to the latest internet plan.
3. Buy DualShock 3 / 4 Wireless Controller
- The wireless controller models function as the input devices.
- By using this controller, the users can easily play PS3 games through your PS4 console by using PlayStation Now.
4. Connect to a Network
- Now, you need to choose your network and set up the internet connection.
- Choose the type of the internet connection i.e., wired or wireless type.
- Sony recommends the game players to use a wired connection in order to acquire amazing experience using PS now.
5. Connect PS4 to the Internet
- If you use wireless network then, you need to enter the wireless network details.
- In case, you are using wired network then, connect your PS4 to your router through the ethernet cable.
- Once you are done, get ready to sign up for PlayStation Now subscription.
Connect to PlayStation Now
- After launching PlayStation Now, you can go to the main menu of PS4.
- Tap ‘PS Now Subscription’ so as to download this application to your PS4 console.
- From the list of different subscription options, pick your desired subscription.
- After purchasing the subscription, you can access PlayStation via the content launcher.
- Go to Content Launcher and launch the PlayStation Now.
PlayStation Now Subscription Charges
PlayStation Now provides a trial period of 7 days for free. After the completion of the free trial period, you can select the monthly subscription package. For a month, the subscription cost is $19.99. Once the trial ends, you can even select the 3-month subscription package for $49.99. Otherwise, you can even select the yearly subscription for $99.99. All these subscription plans are available for the people residing in Canada and USA. In the UK, the PlayStation Now is available for the rental purpose.
PS3 Games on PS4
- Batman: Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, Arkham Originals
- Dead Island, Dead Island Riptide
- Lost Planet 2
- NBA 2K14
- God of War Ascension
PS2 Games on PS4 Console
- Max Payne
- Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
- GTA Vice City
- Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
- Star Wars: Racer Revenge
This is all you need to know about the PlayStation Now. With the help of PS Now, you can easily play your desired PS3 games on the PlayStation 4 console. On a frequent basis, the PS now games are updated with new classic game apps. For more queries, drop them in the comments section below.